U-Joint Service Kit - 20102
For Intermediate (Class 4, 5, 6) & Heavy Duty (Class 7, 8)
U-joints service kit features the needed tools that service U-joints to all class 3 to 8 intermediate and heavy-duty trucks and buses.
Note: Hammering this tool will void your warranty.
Note: Failure to check the spherical thrust washer and replace as necessary may result in unrepairable damage to your u-joint puller glove casting. Preventative maintenance as outlined on next page will ensure many years of use from your tiger tool puller. Failure to perform preventative maintenance will void your warranty. For 10104 & 10105, do not use over 1⁄2" impact wrench. Doing so will void warranty.
- 10104 Intermediate Universal Joint Puller
- 10102 Heavy Duty Universal Joint Puller
- 10217 Bearing Cup Installer – SPL 140/ 170/ 250 Series
- 10201 Bearing Cup Installer – Traditional Bolt Retained
U-Joint Puller: 10102 & 10104
- Remove all fasteners from bearing cups.
- Slip the U-Joint Puller over the yoke of the driveline.
- Turn the tool’s forcing screw clockwise with either an air or hand wrench. (Note: reverse thread)
- Once the bearing cup has been removed, repeat the process on the remaining bearing cups.
The 10102 U-Joint Puller may be used with up to a 1" impact wrench without voiding warranty. 10104 and 10105 can use ½" impact.
Keep forcing screw clean and lubricated at all times. Failure to maintain the spherical thrust washer located inside the glove will result in excessive wear to the part. Check and lubricate this part (lubricate load bearing surface in glove, under cap, on both sides of spherical washer) periodically and replace as necessary. Contact your Dealer or Tiger Tool for replacement washers. (We recommend SAE 30 lube for the threads and EP with ’molly grease’).
Bolt-Retained Bearing Cup Installer MK4: 10201
- Ensure all parts to be assembled are clean and/or greased where applicable.
- Double check all needle bearings are present and placed correctly.
- Start pressing bearing cup into yoke by hand, making sure the u-joint cross and bearing cup bolt holes line up.
- Place installer onto bearing cup, threading the bolts into yoke.
- Using an impact or hand wrench, turn forcing screw until cup is flush to the yoke.
- Remove tool, and install bearing cup bolts.
Bearing Cup Installer: 10217
- Position U-Joint cross and bearing cup onto the yoke.
Ensure grease fitting is in the correct position.
- Reverse the forcing screw so the tool can be positioned over the yoke.
- By hand, tighten the forcing screw until both the frame of the tool is contacting the yoke and the bearing cup is positioned correctly into the recess of the plunger.
- By hand or impact wrench, begin applying force to press the bearing cup into the yoke.
- Once the plunger is pressed flush against the yoke, reverse the forcing screw and remove the tool.
- By hand, insert the opposing bearing cup into the yoke ensuring the u-joint is in proper position between both bearing cups.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 on remaining bearing cups.
170 Series (Gold) & 140 Series (Black)
- Select the correct reducer for your application.
- Snap the selected reducer into the silver 250 series plunger.
- Follow steps 1 through 6 to left.
Tiger Tool International Incorporated (“Tiger Tool”) warrants to its customers that cast portions of its tools are free from defects in workmanship and materials for as long as the original purchaser owns the tool.
Tiger Tool warrants to its customers that threaded areas, bolts and machined components in or of its tools will not fail due to defects in workmanship and materials for a warranty period of two years from the date of original purchase.
Tiger Tool warrants to its customers that hydraulic components will not fail due to defects in workmanship and materials for a warranty period of one year from the date of original purchase.
For warranty service a customer must return the tool freight prepaid along with original proof of purchase to TIGER TOOL INTERNATIONAL INCORPORATED.
When a customer seeks warranty service with respect to a tool and that tool is covered by a TIGER TOOL warranty, TIGER TOOL may at its option repair the tool, replace the tool or refund the purchase price for the tool.
New unused product that is returned to tiger tool as a result of the customers error or due to inventory adjustment will be subject to a twenty percent (20%) restock/rework fee with authorized RGA number otherwise a 30% restocking fee will apply.
Track Your Order