Air Brakes DVD Master Driver Training Program Video Series 10453/910-DVD
Addresses the "hows" and "whys" of air brake techniques, mechanics, and operation.
Air Brakes DVD Master Driver Training Program Video Series 10453/910-DVD addresses the fundamentals of air brake techniques, mechanics, and operation, helping drivers avoid crashes, liability, and down time.
Improper brake adjustment is the #1 reason tractor-trailers go out of service. In general, today's drivers are not as mechanically inclined as those in the past, and many don't understand the basic functions of air brakes and how to inspect them
This program covers a critical safety topic in less than 20 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections (access to chapters by topic)
- Hazard Perception Challenge – The video opens with a braking scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that every CMV driver should understand how air brakes work, how to keep them properly maintained, and how to use them correctly so they don't wear out as fast or fail when they're needed the most.
- How Air Brakes Work – and How to Keep them Working Properly – Discusses the two systems which comprise air brakes: a service brake system, which is controlled with the brake pedal; and a spring brake system, which operates the parking and emergency brakes.
- Service Brakes – Explains how service brakes work, brake adjustment and push rod stroke, and what inspectors check to see if brakes are in compliance.
- Spring Brakes (Parking/Emergency) – Explains how and when spring brakes work and to have qualified mechanics do any adjustments.
- Trailer Brakes – Reviews trailer service brake function.
- Anti-lock Brakes (ABS) – Reviews ABS function.
- Using Your Air Brakes – Reviews the best way to use your air brakes, daily brake inspections, and problems you want to minimize or avoid and how.
- Skid Control & Recovery – Discusses what to do when you find yourself in a skid and how to safely recover.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes that you need to be diligent about pre-trip inspections, to be smart about braking, and to get your brakes checked regularly by a certified mechanic.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with a braking scenario.
- Quick Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Checklist – Increases understanding and retention.
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Bonus Hazard Perception Challenges (3) – Sharpens trainees’ skills learned in the video.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive
NOTE: DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment
- (1) 20-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
Track Your Order