Alcohol & Drug Testing: Driver Awareness - DVD Training Program
Give your drivers the information they need for DOT's alcohol & drug testing requirements.
Shows a re-enactment of a typical blood alcohol test screening and the equipment used.
Alcohol & Drug Testing: Driver Awareness - DVD Training Program gives drivers the information they need. The easy-to-understand video and print materials highlight the 11 key areas DOT requires you to cover.
A Supervisor’s Guide to Reasonable Suspicion Testing The video:
- Explains the requirements
- Tells what tests are required
- Tells what drivers could be tested
- Tells the consequences of violation
"Did You Know?" segments provide additional information and reinforce training.
This program includes several ready-to-use training tools:
- (1) 25-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features) or VHS, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels. Also includes “Did you know?” segments based on common questions customers have asked J. J. Keller's Editorial staff.
- (1) Instructor’s Guide - Features five situational narratives to help engage drivers in discussion, as well as other major topics: introduction to the topic, how to use the program, regulatory background, overview of required tests, and effects of alcohol and drugs on the body.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Cover the 11 required topics carriers must discuss with drivers and feature tear-out driver receipts.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM - CD-ROM features supplementary information, including content for audiovisual presentations/handouts, quizzes, answer keys, clip art, posters, and a training log. These items can be used as-is, customized, or imported into PowerPoint® presentations. The minimum computer system requirements for the Trainer Tools CD-ROM are Office 2000, with Word, and Internet Explorer version 5.5. (CD-ROM not sold separately.)
- (1) Awareness Poster - Colorful poster highlights the topic and provide visible reminders long after training is complete.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet - Provides quick, simple proof that training has been completed. Includes one wallet card sheet, perforated to provide 10 cards.
- (11) Alcohol & Drug Testing Reference Cards - Includes essential information about alcohol- and drug-testing procedures, testing requirements, driver rights, protecting drivers' privacy during testing, and testing form samples.
- (1) Confidential Alcohol and Drug File Packet - Includes a variety of forms to help satisfy the recordkeeping requirements in 49 CFR §382.401.
FeaturesAlcohol & Drug Testing: Driver Awareness Training is available on DVD or VHS. The content of the main program is the same on VHS and DVD, but with DVD, you’ll also get added features!
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – (access to chapters by topic)
- Explains the testing requirements for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers and what is considered a safety-sensitive function.
- Required Testing
- Reviews Pre-employment testing (for drugs) and Post-accident, Random, Reasonable Suspicion testing (for drugs and alcohol), and, when necessary, Return-to-duty and Follow-up testing.
- Alcohol Testing Procedures
- Reviews what drivers can expect to encounter when they must report to a testing facility, including a BAT (breath alcohol technician) or an STT (screening test technician), an EBT device (for evidential breath testing), and demonstrates how breath alcohol testing is done.
- Drug Testing Procedures
- Reviews what drivers can expect to encounter when they must report to a testing facility for collection of a drug screening sample, including the role of a MRO (medical review officer).
- Reiterates the need for required alcohol and drug testing for the safety of the motoring public.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to topic for trainer/management.
- A Supervisor's Guide to Reasonable Suspicion Testing Preview - Offers a sneak peek at training program for related topic.
- A Precautionary Vignette - Depicts a video-based scenario that further illustrates the dangers of alcohol misuse and drug use.
Benefits over VHS
- Is adaptable to a variety of training situations: can be used for group training (with a DVD player and monitor) or individual training (on a PC with DVD capability).
- Includes extra “DVD-only” training materials, which adds training options and helps improve trainees’ retention.
- Displays superior picture and audio quality to keep trainees engaged.
- Features instant rewind, fast forward, and search controls to save you time.
- Durable disc is not susceptible to magnetic fields and is heat resistant.
- Transports easily because of its compact size.
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)
Track Your Order