Coupling & Uncoupling DVD Master Driver Training Program Video Series 10456/913-DVD
Emphasizes critical precautions needed for safe hooking up and unhooking.
Coupling & Uncoupling DVD Master Driver Training Program Video Series 10456/913-DVD provides step-by-step procedures for safe coupling and uncoupling of singles and an overview for doubles, with an emphasis on areas where most problems occur.
When starting or ending a run, it may be tempting for drivers to think nothing can happen. That's a big mistake. Coupling and uncoupling incidents can be devastating. Drivers must stay aware and take a few extra - yet critical - precautions when hooking up or unhooking their rigs.
This program covers a critical safety topic in under 22 minutes and keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections (access to chapters by topic)
- Hazard Perception Challenge – The video opens with an uncoupling scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that coupling & uncoupling errors are 100% preventable, that there's no excuse for a trained driver to make a mistake if they follow a step-by-step process that every CMV driver is required to know.
- Coupling Guidelines – Reviews in detail a basic 16-step process and recommends following it (or a similar process), so that no critical point is missed.
- Uncoupling – Reviews the 12 basic steps for the uncoupling process.
- Coupling Twin Trailers – Reviews the 5 key steps to coupling twin trailers.
- Uncoupling Twin Trailers – Discusses that uncoupling a twin trailer is virtually the same as uncoupling a single tractor-trailer, with a few exceptions, and how to do so.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes that coupling & uncoupling are things a CMV driver should know so well they can do them automatically, while acknowledging the process is so critical that drivers need to think about each step along the way.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with an uncoupling scenario.
- Quick Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Coupling Checklist – Increases understanding and retention for coupling.
- Uncoupling Checklist – Increases understanding and retention for uncoupling.
- Coupling & Uncoupling Twin Trailers Checklist – Increases understanding and retention for twin trailers.
- Commentary – Offers additional interviews by industry professionals.
- Bonus Hazard Perception Challenges (3) – Sharpens trainees’ skills learned in the video.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Safety in the Yard – Gives drivers specific tips for avoiding crashes and incidents when maneuvering in a yard or lot.
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive
NOTE: DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment
- (1) 22-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
Track Your Order