CSA A Driver's Guide DVD Training 115-DVD
Make sure your drivers are aware of their role in CSA.
The 115-DVD has been discontinued.
Out of Stock-No Expected Date
Additional Discussion Guides 614-H
Out of Stock-No Expected Date
Additional Driver Handbooks 615-H Product details here
CSA A Driver's Guide DVD Training 115-DVD clearly explains the key fundamentals drivers need to know:
- The four components of CSA:
- Data Collection
- Safety Measurement
- Safety Evaluation
- The seven BASICs (Behavior Analysis Safety Improvement Categories):
- Unsafe Driving
- Fatigued Driving (includes HOS)
- Driver Fitness
- Controlled Substances and Alcohol
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Cargo Related
- Crash Indicator
- The driver's role in improving, maintaining, or degrading their company's — and their own — safety fitness evaluation.
- What drivers can do to prevent "high point" violations and have "good" inspections go into the Safety Measurement System (SMS).
This program includes several ready-to-use training tools:
- (1) Closed-captioned video - Available on DVD, the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Discussion Guide - This 24-page guide provides additional information and discussion points to engage drivers in the training session.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Reviews key points and serves as a handy post-training reference.
- (1) CSA Overview Poster - Hang in a break room or training area to give drivers a post-training reference.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- The four major components of CSA:
- Data Collection (explains the process and sources FMCSA will use to gather data about compliance by individual drivers and carriers)
- Safety Measurement (explains how data on safety-related events are organized into seven BASICs and how those events are assigned a number value based on a violation's association with crash causation; includes examples of "time weighting" and "risk weighting")
- Safety Evaluation (explains how the FMCSA will determine what, if any, actions will take place against the carrier AND driver)
- Interventions (explains the actions FMCSA can take against violators under the CSA program and the impact on the carrier AND driver)
- Working for a Positive BASICs Score (have good roadside inspection outcomes; avoid high point violations, and avoid crashes)
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management - Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management. Includes commentary on measures a motor carrier can take to reduce the number of crashes their fleet is involved in.
- Video Previews - Offer a sneak peek at training programs for related topics.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- DVD-ROM drive (DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment)
On August 16, 2010, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced significant changes to the carrier and driver scoring process under its Comprehensive Safety Analysis (CSA) enforcement program.
The changes affect how several of the BASICs are measured, including numerous changes to the lists of tracked violations and their severities.
To see how the changes impacted J. J. Keller’s CSA: A Driver's Guide video and driver handbook, see the links below.
Some of these changes have affected the content of the Discussion Guide included in the CSA: A Driver's Guide training program, especially the example violations used in the various learning activities. A complete revised guide is available for download.
- Click here - To Download Revised Discussion Guide
- Reviews concepts learned in the CSA: A Driver's Guide training program
- Clearly explains the four components of CSA (data collection, safety measurement, safety evaluations, interventions)
- Covers the seven BASICs (Behavior Analysis Safety Improvement Categories)
- Includes 10-question quiz and five Frequently Asked Questions to aid in retention
- Features driver receipt page to serve as a record that drivers were trained
- Softbound, 16 pages
- ISBN : 978-1-60287-712-2
Pricing and Ordering
|15-24||25-49||50-99||100-199||200 or more||Quantity||Order Now!|
|$ 4.50 each||$ 3.45 each||$ 2.95 each||$ 2.45 each||$ 1.95 each|
Track Your Order
CSA Fast Facts