Hours of Service Rules for Property Carrying CMV Drivers
Keep tired drivers off the road to ensure safety. After many hours behind the wheel, fatigue sets in, and it can lead to bad decisions and deadly crashes. For the safety of all drivers, compliance with the hours of service regulations has been required of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers since the 1930s.
With the help of this truck driver training program, you can now comply the FMCSA's Hours of Service Rules.
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the purpose and importance of hours of service regulations
- Explain how to apply DOT hours of service regulations, including the:
- Daily 14-Hour (on duty) Limit, 11-Hour (driving) Limit, and the Mandatory Break Provision
- Weekly 60/70-Hour Limit and 34-Hour Restart Provision
- Exceptions to the weekly and daily limits
- Describe how to comply with the hours of service regulations by:
- Managing time spent driving, on duty, and off duty
- Maintaining a current, accurate record of duty status
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- DVD-ROM drive
- Product Code: 50070
- Description: DVD Training
- Copyright Date: 2017
- Alternate Product Code: 942DVD
- ISBN: 978-1-68008-527-3
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- (1) 26-minute Video
- (1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with learning activities, quiz (w/ answer key), images, training certificate and a training log.
- (1) Trainer Guide - Product Code: 50920 - Valuable resource for the trainer that overviews the key points and guidelines covered in the video. Also provides background info on the topic covered in the video as well as training objectives and methods to help trainers create effective and memorable training sessions.
- (10) Driver Handbooks - Product Code: 50691 - Handy post-training takeaway that summarizes the key points covered in the video that drivers can store in their truck and reference when needed.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 49995 - Hang in a break room or training area to provide a daily reminder of the importance of transportation safety and training.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific sub-topics for more focused training.
- The Limits
- 14-Hour (on duty) Limit
- 11-Hour (driving) Limit
- 60/70-Hour (on duty) Limit
- Mandatory Break Provision (8-hour driving limit)
- Record of Duty Status
- ELD Mandate
- Harassment or Coercion of Drivers Prohibited
- Required Components
- Mandatory Break Provision
- 100 Air-Mile Radius
- 150 Air-Mile Radius (Non-CDL Short-Haul)
- 16-Hour Short Haul
- Sleeper Berth
- Adverse and Emergency Driving Conditions
- Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs)
- Other Exceptions
- Bonus Materials
- Note to Trainer Video - Total running time: approximately 4 minutes
- 10-Question Quiz (Interactive) - Total time: approximately 10 minutes
- Bonus Videos:
- ELD Basics
- Exceptions to the HOS Rules
- How to Fill Out Paper Logs
Track Your Order
CSA Fast Facts