Heavy Duty U-Joint Service Kit - 20150
For Heavy Duty (Class 7, 8)
Created to assemble and dismantle all heavy duty truck U-joints.
Heavy Duty U-Joint Service Kit Includes
- 10102 Heavy Duty Universal Joint Puller
- 10201 Bearing Cup Installer – Traditional Bolt Retained
- 10217 Bearing Cup Installer -SPL 140/ 170/ 250 Series
Note: Failure to check the spherical thrust washer and replace as necessary may result in unrepairable damage to your U-Joint Puller glove casting. Preventative maintenance as outlined below will ensure many years of use from your Tiger Tool puller. Failure to perform preventative maintenance will void your warranty.
U-Joint Puller: 10102
- Remove all fasteners from bearing cups.
- Slip the U-Joint Puller over the yoke of the driveline.
- Turn the tool's forcing screw clockwise with either an air or hand wrench. (Note: reverse thread)
- Once bearing cup has been removed, repeat the process on the remaining bearing cups.
The 10102 U-Joint Puller may be used with up to a 1" impact wrench without voiding warranty.
Keep forcing screw clean and lubricated at all times. Failure to maintain the spherical thrust washer, located inside the glove will result in excessive wear to the part. Check and lubricate this part (lubricate load bearing surface in glove, under cap, on both sides of spherical washer) periodically and replace as necessary. Contact your Dealer or Tiger Tool for replacement washers. (We recommend SAE 30 lube for the threads and EP ’with molly grease’).
Bearing Cup Installer: 10201
- Ensure all parts to be assembled are clean and/or greased where applicable.
- Double check all the needle bearings are present and placed correctly.
- Start pressing bearing cup into the yoke by hand, making sure U-joint cross and bearing cup bolt holes line up.
- Place installer onto the bearing cup, threading bolts into yoke.
- Using an impact or hand wrench, turn the forcing screw until cup is flush to yoke.
- Remove the tool, and install bearing cup bolts.
Bearing Cup Installer: 10217
Note: Before assembling bearing cups on any Spicer Life Series driveline, clean outside machined surfaces of yoke to bare metal—do not grind!
- Reverse the forcing screw to a point far enough back to position tool over yoke.
- By hand, tighten the forcing screw until both the frame of the tool is contacting the yoke and the one bearing cup is positioned correctly into the recess of the plunger.
- Using an impact or hand wrench, begin applying force to press bearing cup into yoke.
- When plunger is completely tight against yoke, stop supplying power and reverse forcing screw.
- Hand install the second bearing cup into yoke, making sure u-joint cross is in the correct position between both cups.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
170 Series (Gold) & 140 Series (Black)
- Select the correct reducer according to series of driveline to be assembled.
- Snap appropriate reducer into the silver 250 series plunger.
- Proceed with instructions 1 through 6.
Tiger Tool International Incorporated (“Tiger Tool”) warrants to its customers that cast portions of its tools are free from defects in workmanship and materials for as long as the original purchaser owns the tool.
Tiger Tool warrants to its customers that threaded areas, bolts and machined components in or of its tools will not fail due to defects in workmanship and materials for a warranty period of two years from the date of original purchase.
Tiger Tool warrants to its customers that hydraulic components will not fail due to defects in workmanship and materials for a warranty period of one year from the date of original purchase.
For warranty service a customer must return the tool freight prepaid along with original proof of purchase to TIGER TOOL INTERNATIONAL INCORPORATED.
When a customer seeks warranty service with respect to a tool and that tool is covered by a TIGER TOOL warranty, TIGER TOOL may at its option repair the tool, replace the tool or refund the purchase price for the tool.
New unused product that is returned to tiger tool as a result of the customers error or due to inventory adjustment will be subject to a twenty percent (20%) restock/rework fee with authorized RGA number otherwise a 30% restocking fee will apply.
Track Your Order