Driver Vehicle Inspections: The Complete Process - DVD Training 15198/262-DVD
Shows drivers the importance of routine vehicle inspections
Driver Vehicle Inspections: The Complete Process - DVD Training 15198/262-DVD - addresses the results missed inspection points can create (accidents, violations, fines, etc.). An easy way to show your drivers - step by step, part by part - how to inspect their vehicles. Explains critical importance of the driver's vehicle inspection report (DVIR), what purposes it serves, and why it shouldn't be neglected.
- Covers a standard procedure for doing each of three types of vehicle inspections:
- Pre-Trip (FMCSR Sec. 392.7 and 396.13)
- On-the-Road (FMCSR Sec. 392.9)
- Post-Trip (FMCSR Sec. 396.11)
- Shows detailed (touch and point) aspects of a thorough, seven-step pre-trip inspection
- Includes detailed information on on-the-road and post-trip inspections
- Includes a special segment on driver inspection of intermodal chassis -the only video of its kind to do this
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- 8-minute bonus CSA video segment explains how vehicle inspections factor into the Cargo Related BASIC and the Vehicle Maintenance BASIC
- (1) 37-Minute Video - An excellent way to show your drivers the inspection process from start to finish.
- (1) Instructor's Guide - You'll really appreciate the helpful tips and suggestions this book contains.
- (11) Driver Handbooks - Include driver receipt page, quiz, and vehicle inspection memory aid.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Hang this eye-catching poster in a terminal or break room to remind drivers about the importance of vehicle inspections.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD-ROM (not sold separately)- Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with handouts, quizzes, clip art, posters and a training log.
Play Program - Plays entire main program.
Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific sub-topics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.) Introduction - Discusses all the good reasons why drivers must conduct thorough vehicle inspections.
- Vehicle overview
- Engine compartment
- Inside the cab
- Brake system
On-the-Road Inspection - Covers the items that must be checked en route: Cargo and load securement devices; Gauges; Staying aware of the sounds, smells and feel of the truck; Short walk-around inspection; Tire check
Post-Trip Inspection - Goes through the required steps of a post-trip to help identify any potential safety issues that need to be fixed: Checking the same items as the pre-trip; Items that are affected by heat; Documenting the post-trip on a DVIR; Motor carrier certification of defective items Conclusion - Provides a brief review of the video content; encourages drivers to "always do everything in the same order, and always do everything."
Track Your Order