Backing Techniques DVD Master Driver Training Program Video Series 9592/902-DVD
Demonstrates the basics of backing and shows drivers how to avoid costly errors.
Many drivers struggle with backing: it is the most common cause of incidents and crashes in the transport industry. Backing Techniques DVD Master Driver Training Program Video Series 9592/902-DVD reviews the basic elements of backing, types of backing maneuvers, how to safely and properly execute these maneuvers, and the most common backing errors and problem areas.
Areas addressed include :
- sight-side backing
- straight-line backing
- alley dock backing
- jacking and chasing
- blind side backing
- and more.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program – Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training. (Items in boldface are actual menu selections.)
- Hazard Perception Challenge Question – The video opens with a backing scenario.
- Introduction – Explains that ninety percent of trucking incidents and crashes happen during backing maneuvers and that backing may be basic, but it sure isn't simple.
- Get Out And Look – Reviews the critical importance to get out and look (G.O.A.L.) before completing any backing maneuver.
- Points to Remember – Reviews safe backing guidelines that should be part of every backing maneuver.
- Straight Line Backing – Reviews the steps to successful straight line backing.
- Sight Side Backing – Reviews the steps to successful sight side backing.
- Jacking and Chasing – Reviews the steps to correctly jack and chase the trailer while backing.
- Alley Dock Backing – Reviews the steps to successful alley dock backing.
- Blind Side Backing – Reviews the precautions and steps needed for successful blind side backing, including using a spotter when possible.
- Correcting Trailer Drift – Reviews how to properly correct trailer drift while backing.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes that good backing procedures are critical to you and everyone around you, and to get out and look, take your time, and use your mirrors.
- Hazard Perception Challenge Answer – The video closes with a backing scenario.
- Review – Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary – Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews – Offers a sneak peek at a related training program.
The Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel- compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- A DVD-ROM drive
NOTE: DVD discs cannot be read by CD-ROM equipment
This training program comes with the following:
- (1) 16-minute, closed-captioned video - Available on DVD (with extra bonus features), the program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Bulletin - Provides background info on the topic covered and gives a brief overview of the video. Also includes a 5-question quiz and handout exercise for drivers.
- (11) Driver Skill Cards - Recap key points from the training program and include receipts for you and the driver to document training.
Back to Top
Master Driver Video Series
Training Main Page
Track Your Order